PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Again

nukesul
10-18-2008, 10:17 PM
This has been asked before but I\'m not sure the advice on the last thread is still good. I PM\'d markertoo last week as recommended on the last brake post but got no response.

I need to do front and rear brakes on a 02 cooper s. I expect to change rotors and pads. The Hawk HPS you folks talked about sound like a good go but there wasn\'t much advice on rotors.

Where is a good place to buy pads and rotors? I will likely need to have them shipped up to Port Elgin, Ontario unless somebody knows a place in Owen Sound. What would be a good price for these items?

Cheers

markertoo
10-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Ok, sorry about that. Total brain fade, I guess. I thought I replied, but I could not find a message in my outbox. I have now sent you a message.

Again, my bad. :(

markertoo
10-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Usually the rotors will last 2 sets of rotors before they need to be changed.

As far as rotors go, I personally like plain ones. We do sell slotted, or drilled, or drilled and slotted rotors, but they are for cosmetics only. Modern pads no longer need the holes or slots to allow the gases to escape from the pad. If you need more braking, simply buy a better brake pad (like if you are lapping or autocrossing).

The HPS is a nice, competent pad that is not loud at all. The Ceramic is a little less dusty, and the HP+ is a good autocross pad. the Pagid pad (which we don\'t sell yet) is a nice dual purpoose pad, but is a chunk more money than the Hawk line.