PDA

View Full Version : SEPTEMBER E-Mail

Xiek
10-24-2008, 01:01 PM
School is back in session, and summer is pretty much over, now that the summer weather has finally arrived. Well, we made the most of what we had.

Jack & Laurie\'s BBQ was a great success, even with a bit of rain, we managed through it.

There are a few events coming up in September that should also be fun and worth the time to check them out.

British Car Day at Bronte Park in Burlington, our own Auzures took best in our class at this event, there are hundreds, if not thousands of classic British Cars at this show. And yes they have a NEW MINI Class... BB (Barely British) as they call it, given the wit of British car owners, I would say that that is where they actually came up with the show entry designation class.

MINI GREAT LAKES CROSSING III

This event is hosted by the Michigan Mini Motoring Club, and is an annual event. We circumvent a Great Lake and raise Money for Make-A-Wish. I have participated in this event every year and it is TONS-O-FUN, they are a great bunch of MINI Enthusiasts. To date, we have raised over $14,000 for Make-A-Wish.
They are doing things a bit different this year, they are having a raffle open to EVERYONE for 2 custom WHALEN SHIFT NOBS. Tickets are $10 each and you can email your entry request to jerome.bosch@comcast.net

I recommend that you go on this, or come and check us out while we are in the Falls MGLC III. If you cannot participate, what better way then to DONATE to the cause, **ALL CANADIAN DONORS AND FUNDS GO TO MAKE-A-WISH CANADA**

SOMC Calendar
Xiek has yet to receive enough pics to publish the Calendar, a printer has been found, and printing negotiate, but we need pictures if we want a Calendar to produce... Unless of course, everyone wants Pictures of Betty for every Month.

***PLEASE SEND IN YOUR SUBMISSIONS OR THIS CALENDAR WILL NOT HAPPEN THIS YEAR***

Hope to see you on the roads soon.

J

May your roads be twisty, and traffic free

PS. More interesting meets coming in October, check the Calendar on the site.