PDA

View Full Version : Window problems in cold weather.

Spinner211
10-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Does anyone have any problems with the side door windows in the winter?
4 days ago we had snow in Barrie and the water on the car turned to ice making the window stick.
When I had opened the door the window did not come down the 1or2cm it should have.
Not noticing that I went to close the door and the window was still up too much to close the door and it had bounced back open.
And the one touch window role up does not work anymore.:(
Anyone ever had this problem?
I have an appointment on Thursday to get it fixed. But I hope it doesnít happen again. Just got the 08 mini cooper September.

hobchub
10-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Welcome to world of crazy german engineering.

I had that problem a couple of times last winter. Like you, I had the door bounce back on me and I cringed as I was sure the window was going to break. But it didnít, nor did any of my window features get damaged. I guess I got lucky. I also got into the habit of confirming that window went down, before I closed the door.

Ron

theprezzz77
10-25-2008, 05:24 PM
I am not entirely sure if the problems are interrelated, but i was told that sometimes in the colder weather, the window motor sticks once in a while, causing the functions of the window to not work or malfunction. I had this problem. The quick fix is to hit above the door speaker with ur hand while holding down the window button, it shouldnt stick from that point. Give it a shot.

Dino

BANZAI
10-25-2008, 09:08 PM
If water collects just above the window seal and then freezes it can be a problem ... you can avoid this particular one by clearing the ice from the rubber seal BEFORE you even open the door.

It\'s worked for me EVERY time.

Good to see another MINI owner in Barrie.

Paul