PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak

zoidjoker
11-19-2007, 07:27 PM
I wake up Sunday morning to find a big puddle of oil under my mini. I looked under the car and the engine compartment and could not find where this oil is coming from. Of course I still could not believe it was my car that was leaking oil so I moved my car to another parking spot that was oil free and sure enough my baby also left a nice puddle of oil there too.

I am actually disappointed about this. This is my second mini and third BMW product and drove all those cars way over 100,000km with no problems like this. I have only had my new mini since December of 2006 and it only has 30,000km.

Well I called my dealership (Mini Markham) and got the earliest possible appointment they could book me in for, next Wednesday:angry: . Until then I guess I will just keep topping off my oil. And I hope this won’t be some major repair.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Xiek
11-19-2007, 08:56 PM
did you just do an oil change? loose filter? plug?

zoidjoker
11-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Xiek wrote:

did you just do an oil change? loose filter? plug?

My last oil change was 3-4 month ago.

Jack07734
11-19-2007, 10:56 PM
There are so many reasons for that it is almost impossable to diagnose online.

I would say the best place to start is to get under the car and see where it is comming from.

Cheers,
Jack

vittaly
11-24-2007, 01:37 AM
Hey, the same thing happened to me last week! :) I have a 2006 cooper S with over 40k on it.. I didn\'t change my oil recently so I really freaked out when I discovered oil spots under my mini every time I parked.

Fortunately mine is still under full warranty. I called dealership on Monday and they booked me for the next day. It turned out to be a coolant leak, not oil. :) Apparently my mini\'s coolant thermostat housing started leaking. Warranty covered it. Wheew!

kyriian
11-24-2007, 02:28 AM
as jack said, lots of places that oil can be leaking from

i had drops for awhile, and the oil pan gasket was due and was seeping out little by little, it was replaced under warranty

now i am having similar issues, and the tech at mini vaughn west told me it could be the crank case sensor, i am assuming that it\'s a common problem, but i am not leaking as much as i used to, barely a drop

-Herman

paulo500
11-24-2007, 03:43 AM
I thought i had an engine leak last spring, but it turned out to be a burst engine mount. (Big thread on NAM).:huh:
Luckily it was covered under warranty.