PDA

View Full Version : JCW caught street racing in T.O.



Slant
07-18-2009, 07:09 PM
STUPID FOOLS (http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2009/07/18/10177466-sun.html)

Xiek
07-18-2009, 07:20 PM
sucks that the older brothers don\'t have cars for a week.. since they weren\'t even driving their own cars...

anyone recognize the wheels? :P

I wonder which car made the light and which one didn\'t :P (I hope the MINI made the light)

seriously though... this is partly why young men pay big insurance rates...

lilcoopr
07-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Xiek wrote:


seriously though... this is partly why young men pay big insurance rates...

Sadly, yeah...

Also, those wheels are standard on the new JCW... so it might be harder than it looks to figure out who owns the MINI.

Two Sheds
07-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Wasn\'t me, I have black rims! and I\'ve just been out for a spin in mine :)

I don\'t really like the \"street racing\" law since it isn\'t necessarily anything to do with street racing in most cases, but in this case I fully support the cars being impounded. Even on a case like this though the police manage to spew rubbish:

\"After five seconds of 100% braking, you would still be going about 70 km/h,\" he explained. \"And unless you\'re using high-performance tires, your tires would most likely explode if you slammed on your brakes at that speed.

\"At the very least, the tires would most likely keep spinning even though the rims are stopped.\"

If my tires exploded from slamming on the brakes at any speed I\'d be pretty peeved and ready to sue the tire/car manufacturer. In other countries (Germany for one) I\'ve driven for prolonged periods at speeds of 180 - 200kmh and not had any exploding tire incidents or in fact anything remotely as scary as I see daily on Canadian roads.

paulo500
07-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Well you can be sure you\'ll see this JCW up for sale in the next few weeks! Unlikely this kid will be able to afford the insurance hike after this stunt! (Unless daddy is flipping the bill...)
Although it did say the car\'s were not theirs...so who knows.

TheStig?
07-19-2009, 02:52 AM
I wonder who was winning :P

MCSRallye
07-19-2009, 08:10 PM
To put things in perspective, I\'m going to try SCIENCE!!!

Everybody stand back...

A 2200lb vehicle traveling at ~200 kmh stopping suddenly (we\'ll use 5 meters) would exert ~125 tons of force. Now let\'s convert that into it\'s explosive force equivalent and it is around the equivalent of as 8lbs of TNT.

So in essence, his car was da bomb... :P

http://wearscience.com/img450/cheers.gif

Xiek
07-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Two Sheds wrote:

Wasn\'t me, I have black rims! and I\'ve just been out for a spin in mine :)

I don\'t really like the \"street racing\" law since it isn\'t necessarily anything to do with street racing in most cases, but in this case I fully support the cars being impounded. Even on a case like this though the police manage to spew rubbish:

\"After five seconds of 100% braking, you would still be going about 70 km/h,\" he explained. \"And unless you\'re using high-performance tires, your tires would most likely explode if you slammed on your brakes at that speed.

\"At the very least, the tires would most likely keep spinning even though the rims are stopped.\"

If my tires exploded from slamming on the brakes at any speed I\'d be pretty peeved and ready to sue the tire/car manufacturer. In other countries (Germany for one) I\'ve driven for prolonged periods at speeds of 180 - 200kmh and not had any exploding tire incidents or in fact anything remotely as scary as I see daily on Canadian roads.


I was thinking the same thing acutally... ABS doesn\'t allow the tires to lock up and cause the conditions where your tires would explode or turn on the rim. I wonder what kind of vehicle was used to get that stat?

broadwayline
07-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Xiek wrote:

Two Sheds wrote:

Wasn\'t me, I have black rims! and I\'ve just been out for a spin in mine :)

I don\'t really like the \"street racing\" law since it isn\'t necessarily anything to do with street racing in most cases, but in this case I fully support the cars being impounded. Even on a case like this though the police manage to spew rubbish:

\"After five seconds of 100% braking, you would still be going about 70 km/h,\" he explained. \"And unless you\'re using high-performance tires, your tires would most likely explode if you slammed on your brakes at that speed.

\"At the very least, the tires would most likely keep spinning even though the rims are stopped.\"

If my tires exploded from slamming on the brakes at any speed I\'d be pretty peeved and ready to sue the tire/car manufacturer. In other countries (Germany for one) I\'ve driven for prolonged periods at speeds of 180 - 200kmh and not had any exploding tire incidents or in fact anything remotely as scary as I see daily on Canadian roads.


I was thinking the same thing acutally... ABS doesn\'t allow the tires to lock up and cause the conditions where your tires would explode or turn on the rim. I wonder what kind of vehicle was used to get that stat?

None. His imagination and stupidity was used to get that stat.