PDA

View Full Version : Some questions to MINI retailers

KY3E4KA
08-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Just a simple questions, based on my two experiences with Oakville and Waterloo as well as on some stories from other people:
Is the long bargaining process a part of the game \"Buying a MINI\"? :(
Are the managers really think that it pumps up a dealership image? :angry:
Why are you doing this to us when you know from the start how far you can go with your discounts to keep your customer happy?:huh:
What stops you from making the buying process the easiest and pleasant thing? :dry:

MINI_Georgian
08-27-2009, 07:55 PM
It\'s not intended to be a game. Some people buy on price alone. Other\'s consider a relationship and the value of that relationship when considering a purchase. Would you rather purchase your next vehicle from someone you trust and that will be there when you have questions, concerns or otherwise in the future. How much is that worth to you? Or are you willing to purchase from someone shadey that you don\'t care for in order to save $10 month on you car?

Fact of the matter is, that variable is different for each person. I, personally, would love for there to be one set price that everyone pays and that\'s it, like it is in England and other markets. Unfortunately, that was tried and it failed. It is so ingrained in the North American market that you have to negotiate for a car that that is what takes over.

A retail price on a vehicle is set not so the car can be discounted, it is set so that a dealership can be profitable to the point that it can afford to pay their employees, buy, maintain and update facilities, and pay for a thousand other things that have a dollar value when operating a business. When you say \"why can\'t a dealer just give you their bottom line?\". The reason is that there is no bottom line. They can discount the car by 50% percent if they wanted to. Way, way, way below cost. But what is the point of giving the car away below cost, or at cost for that matter? You have to concede that the dealership has to make money as well, or they go out of business. In all honesty, if you walk in my door and say ďJason, I donít want to haggle I just want your bottom line and Iíll buy the car.Ē I could come back with that number and 9 times out of 10 you wonít believe me. Itís an unfortunate business sometimes.

The dealership has the thinnest profit margin in a vehicle out of all the cogs in the wheel, yet it\'s the dealership that is the only cog in the wheel that has to discount their profit margins during the sale process. We cannot haggle with the manufacturer for a discount. They always get their asking price.

In the end. I recognize that negotiating and buying a car can sometimes be difficult but it is only as difficult as the buyer intends it to be. If you want a smooth and expedient car purchase then take a minute to consider what the car is valued at and what you feel would be an acceptable margin of profit for the dealer to make and then present your offer realistically. Develop a relationship with that dealer and pay a fair price that both parties are comfortable with and that will pay dividends down the road. 3 to 5 years of ownership is a long time. Best to have a good rapport with your dealer during that time, and with you salesperson for that matter. They are able to pull the right strings when they need to ;)

Cheers,
Jason.

Xiek
08-27-2009, 08:23 PM
It is the same with the repair industry.

Having been involved with the family auto repair shop for 20 years, and full time for the last 4.

We get haggled a lot, exhaust, tires, brakes, you name it.

It is \"expected\" with just about anything automotive it would seem.

When was the last time you went to the Keg and offered them $20 for their prime rib with wine?
Or offered McDonald\'s $3 for their Big Mac Meal.

To say that it is a game.. is perhaps correct, but who started playing the game is what you have to ask yourself?

I can\'t think of one person that \"expects\" to walk into ANY DEALER and pay sticker for their vehicle. Without getting \"something\" with it for \"free\"

MINI Waterloo
08-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi Sergey,
I\'m confused!!! You asked me for my best price on a Cooper S I have in stock. I sent you a quote with my best offer. You decided you weren\'t looking to make a move right now. I never pressured or harassed you. I simply asked what you were looking for and made you my best offer on the Cooper S I had which best met you wish list. How was that difficult? What did you want me to do differently?

ltlgil
08-27-2009, 09:55 PM
why cant we have acces to all dealer cars in stock with options so we can walk into:) :) :) a dealer and say i want this car i can acsess all US cars with options

KY3E4KA
08-28-2009, 02:11 AM
Wow!!!
It looks like those are quite provocative questions :-)

Well let me then continue here with some replies.

To Jason:
Thanks for your explanatory reply, Jason.
Let me address first two paragraphs of it first.
We\'re talking about buying from dealers. MINI dealers in Ontario and not from someone else.
BTW, I\'ve had change 15 cars in my life buying them from all possible sources in Canada and Russia so I have enough cases to compare. Dealer is not better then other sources. Sorry...
To Xiek and Jason:
Now, about bottom line... and McDonald\'s. Guys I\'ve got 12 years in small family business 8 (full time) and I know how flexible you can be if you want to get a customer. You\'ll never get $5 sandwich for $3, but if you go for $6 Happy Meal you\'ll get it for free. Same with 35K dollar car - its price is flexible enough to help me to get it with a bit less margin for a dealer. Both sides know it well.
I can\'t write on behalf of anyone but me. I\'m not asking for Dealer\'s bottom line but instead I always give mine and do it very straightforward saying \"I can afford \"X\" dollars to pay for a car, could you meet this with your offer?\"
That\'s it! Simple! If you can - deal, if you can not - bye! And I don\'t care about margins and all talks about dealership everyday expenses, salaries, PDI\'s, etc. At the end of the day you have to sell cars. And the more you sell the better, right? If you do sell 10 with less margin it\'s better than selling 1 with big margin.
Is difficult for educated sales person to be straightforward and helpful with the customer? Just by saying \"yes\" or \"no\". Who needs this fishing? Who needs these sharp pencils and tossing numbers back and forth? If I came to your dealership and really want to buy - you\'ve already caught me! I\'m yours just don\'t let me go if I\'m not having ridiculous requirements.
That\'s what I\'m talking about!

To Nikki:
I didn\'t mean to hurt you, dear! Really!
Believe it or not, I was confused maybe even more than you are now when I was looking at the quote.
I believe I was clear enough stating what I can afford to pay. If you realized after all possible calculations that you are not able to fit me in that range then why you had to send me that quote at all? Why couldn\'t you just say - sorry I can\'t do this? I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw trade-in value of my car!!! Not saying about offered payments that are 50% higher than I can afford... and for the car in colour that I don\'t like!
Sorry, Nikki. I\'m positive that you\'re very nice person.
I\'m sure that all this has nothing to deal with your personal qualities. Maybe it\'s about what you (managers) have been taught in business school. A set of cliches and policies that should work? That\'s my only guess \'cause I had same experience with MINI Oakville when I tried to trade-in my other car for a Cooper a year ago.

Sorry guys... but this shouldn\'t be like this with MINI. It ruins it\'s image of happiness and fun.
You are selling very special cars to a very special category of people - extraordinary people.
And you have to take this into account the sooner the better and bend the rules so we\'ll be able to rule the bends. Together with you. As a best friends.
That\'s what we want instead of mind games.

Cheers!
Serge

Skelee
08-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Serge,
If you can afford a certain price why go hunting for an expensive car?
You know what you can afford, look at the price beforehand.
I hate people who think they can get a $30,000 car for 5,000 less.
Get off your high horse. Go buy a piece a crap!
You get what you pay for.

KY3E4KA
08-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Skelee wrote:

I hate people who think they can get a $30,000 car for 5,000 less.
Get off your high horse. Go buy a piece a crap!
You get what you pay for.

Hey-hey, man! Slow down, OK?
Who told you I\'m that kind of person you\'ve just described, huh? :angry:

There is nothing personal in this discussion, dude!
If can\'t figure out what I\'m talking about - just go by to another topic and do not offend people you hardly know!

Cheers!
Serge

MINI_Georgian
08-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Sorry Serge,

I\'ve read through your reply and what you have said is kind of contradictory. You seem to want a soft and fuzzy experience with MINI being a specialty car with special owners, etc., but then want to be sold a car as though it is a mass-produced cookie cutter Cobalt.

I\'m sorry but the MINI is not mass produced and we will never be a high volume car brand. This means the it will never be priced like a Chevy product with a low MSRP and high markups.

MINI Canada sells approximately 2500 cars a year and that is with the Oxford factory working at maximum capacity. Chevy probaby build more than that a day.

The reality is you want a MINI and at the end of the day there simply isn\'t as much profit in the car you want to achieve the discount you seem to expect.

Good luck with your search. If you want to contact me please feel free. I would be happy to give you straight up numbers, haggle-free if you\'re sitting at my desk. Plain and simple.

Cheers,
Jason.

KY3E4KA
08-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks Jason,
Hopefully one day I\'ll be sitting at your desk (our maybe at someone else one...) signing papers for my new MINI.
I really hope it\'ll be haggle-free and simple like you said.

But I don\'t think my posts were contradictory. I know MINI is not mass-produced and believe me the last thing I want to see in my life is that MINI became a Chevrolet-like brand!
And YES(!) - there should be originality in every aspect related to MINI, even in sales!
BUT!!! I\'ve been to many dealerships of various brands here and there AND I can\'t see any difference in whole approach to a potential buyer or sales strategy between them and MINI dealers. But I\'d love to see and feel it!

If there is one (difference) - please state it out.

And thank you again for this discussion :-)

Cheers,
Serge

MINI_Georgian
08-28-2009, 02:08 PM
KY3E4KA wrote:

If there is one (difference) - please state it out.

I don\'t think that there is a difference that would apply to every single MINI dealership and every single sales representative. At the end of the day the MINI is still a car being sold in the car business.

That being said, there are those of us that sell MINIs that are truly passionate about the car and the brand. This enthusiasm and passion when mixed with enthusiasm and passion in MINI customers makes for a truly rewarding and fun experience. But that\'s not always the case. Not all MINI buyers are enthusiasts. There are many who just like the car and that\'s it. And then there are others (no offence) but who don\'t see any value in this enthusiasm and make the buying process very arduous as they sit stalwart and uncompromising with unrealistic expectations.

It\'s a two-sided coin. Depending on the customer and the seller the process can be great or awful, rewarding or tedious.

As an aside, when was the last time you met a passionate Corolla enthusiast selling Toyotas??

Cheers,
Jason.

LiquidKarma
08-28-2009, 02:10 PM
I was told by one dealer that this is his lowest price on YYY MINI. they couldn\'t do any better on the car.

I said ok thats fair I was was giving a little, They were giving a little. ok sound like i would get the car i wanted perfect.

BUT then i happen to talk to a Sales man at another dealership(it is alot fartheraway from me)

and said I was thinking about buying this car, he said he would take alook at what he could do for me. His price was even lower on the same YYY MINI (the same car).

I did not tell him the price I had gotted from the first dealership. Just the options.

So that has now put me off on the whole thing. I\'m sure there are factors i do not know about behind the seen I do not know about,

but we were talking about a few thousand dolors diferance in the price for the SAME car.

Jay

MINI_Georgian
08-28-2009, 02:18 PM
LiquidKarma wrote:

but we were talking about a few thousand dolors diferance in the price for the SAME car.

You actually mean a FEW THOUSAND dollars? If that\'s the case then RUN, don\'t walk, RUN back to that dealer right now. They are selling you a car at a huge loss. There is simply not a few thousand dollars profit in a a MINI. Period. End sentence. Sorry.

As for variables that may exist that you probablt don\'t know about.

Let\'s pretend that two dealers have the EXACT same car. They both paid the same amount for the car and the MSRP price of the car is the same. Now let\'s say Dealer A bought this car 6 months ago and Dealer B bought the car last week. Dealer A cannot sell the car as low as dealer B because he has paid a ton of interest and fees on the car that\'s been sitting in inventory for 6 months so he has much less profit margin in that car.

That\'s just one variable, there are others. But this will affect the the price by hundreds, not thousands.

So Jay, why are you still reading this?? You should currently be speeding back to that dealer that offered you that MINI at such a remarkable price. If it turns out to be too good to be true please give me a shout ;)

Cheers,
Jason.

broadwayline
08-28-2009, 02:22 PM
I have no experience to add about the purchase of MINIs from dealers, just the parts side.

MINI Waterloo is quite expensive compared to say, MINI Vaughan West for parts.

When I go to school in Guelph I am basically forced to buy parts at Waterloo, but I always price check at Mini Vaughan West, and their parts are ALWAYS significantly cheaper. However since I do not have the time and energy to drive to Vaughan from Guelph to save a bit of money (however I do if the gap is large) I am usually forced to just suck it up.

Mini Waterloo are however quite friendly and nice to deal with a very cozy dealer, no complaints other than pricing, but when I see these pricing gaps I always leave feeling taken advantage of on pricing due to the fact that there are no other close dealers way out there.

I understand some dealers have variances due to volume or other factors, however some of the pricing variances I have seen between the two dealers are very large (do not have my receipts here so I won\'t quote prices) much larger than I have ever experienced at other car dealerships with my my past cars (Volvo, Mazda, Honda, Acura, Nissan)

LiquidKarma
08-28-2009, 02:32 PM
We are talking 3500 less to be exact
And it was for the SAME car
Not 2 cars the same the SAME car.

Jay

I\'m not naming dealerships and not name sales people

MINI_Georgian
08-28-2009, 02:34 PM
LiquidKarma wrote:

We are talking 3500 less to be exact
And it was for the SAME car
Not 2 cars the same the SAME car.

Jay

I\'m not naming dealerships and not name sales people

Why are you still at your computer? Go buy it. Seriously.

LiquidKarma
08-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Jason

This had taken place a couple of months back. (so i\'m sure I can\'t get the same deal now)

Also in term of saving money i\'m sure there is no money in the car its the add on stuff Parts (and there is mark up in them )that could have been for the major diferance in price. but stil a major differance none the less.

It had put me off thats all.

As I didn\'t need the car (it was to be a toy for me I passed on it)

Jay

Xiek
08-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Perfect example of what I was talking about is happening as I type this.

It\'s 6:12pm, we close at 6:00pm.

5:55pm a non-local to Midland pulls in and asks for help, his alternator has failed.

I asked a tech if he is willing to stay late, as it is Friday.
I find an alternator, price it out.

The customer asks me where his discount is.

\"Umn, it\'s after closing on a Friday night, Norm is staying overtime to get your car fixed and you on your way, that\'s your discount\"

He already asked in the parking lot about getting it fixed tonight, and I had mentioned a little something for the tech would probably help. Still he asks for a discount.

This was my original point.

Sure you have a top price that you can afford for a car. I understand that, budgets, not everyone has Millions in the bank. I scrimped to get my Cooper when I bought it.

And I did negotiate with the salesman/woman a bit too.

I have been on the \"giving customer service\" side since I was 15. 12 years at McDonalds, and 4 here at Midas now.
In my views, people want the platinum service and treatment for iron ore prices. You are just not going to get it.

Back to McDonalds. If you get the free Big Mac with a Happy Meal, costs go up, so those costs have to be offset somewhere.. Less employees on the floor, slower service. But yet, you still expect it fast from McDonalds.

Same with out customers here at Midas. Sure Midas is not the cheapest, but we provide lots of services that customers appreciate. Shuttle, lifetime warranties, coffee, courtesy phone, current magazines, daily papers.

Some argue those are costs of doing business, that\'s fine, they sort of are, but those costs have to be paid somehow.

The dealer has to price up from their cost with what they feel they need to make to be a profitable venture. If they are selling the car and breaking even, then what is the point for them to be in business?

Now I don\'t know what you offered, but depending on how low you went, you could have actually offered a figure below dealers costs.

Now as a business man, I am sure you appreciate the fact that you have to do something for the customer. So Nikki obviously came back with what SHE could do.

YOU started the negotiating process when you offered lower then the sticker.

and I was mistaken, real estate is another business where the game is played and assumed that it will be played.

CharlieCroaker
08-28-2009, 09:25 PM
As the General Manager at MINI Vaughan West I read with some interest the comments here. Bearing in mind that we all sell the same product with the same margins (between 6% and 9%) there is never a huge difference between what 2 different dealers will sell a car for. Now if there\'s a trade involved this can vary greatly. Some wholesalers will pay more for some trades than others.
At this moment in fact MINI dealers are paying for the interest rates being offered through MINI Canada from those margins.

Surely it\'s the relationship that a sales person and potential buyer create that determines whether or not you\'ll buy the MINI or not. The practice of dealersí E mailing or faxing written quotes is very irksome to me. As dealers all we do by doing this is cheapen our product. At the end of the day there\'s not that much to play with and I\'d encourage potential MINI drivers to spend time with one of the many professional sales people that we undoubtedly have in the MINI dealer network and I guarantee that you\'ll have an amazing experience and still get a competitive deal.

Buying a MINI is an exciting proposition and I know from Customer Satisfaction Surveys that we receive back that a huge majority of our customers are happy with the way they are treated and with our sales process overall.

Andy Higgs

ltlgil
08-28-2009, 09:59 PM
how about my request to your invetory so can see what is out there not at some desk ,it would cut down your time and mine ,money saved ,you win i win

Xiek
08-28-2009, 10:44 PM
broadwayline wrote:

I understand some dealers have variances due to volume or other factors, however some of the pricing variances I have seen between the two dealers are very large (do not have my receipts here so I won\'t quote prices) much larger than I have ever experienced at other car dealerships with my my past cars (Volvo, Mazda, Honda, Acura, Nissan)

This again goes back to location and other costs. Rent, and what not.

I can tell you that BARRIE area car dealers typically are higher prices then GTA dealers. Imports are worse then domestic it would seem.

I think a lot of this price difference has to do with VOLUME.

I know this as we do buy parts for our customers vehicles. Some of the GTA dealers even offered free delivery to Midland through a service.

It may take an extra day, but saving $20-$60 is sometimes worth it to the customer.

Not that this is related to new cars, but an aftermarket shop the owner actually posted a Triangle behind his service desk.

3 points, Warranty, Cost, Time. You could only pick 2 of the points.

If you wanted Warranty, and cheap, then you weren\'t getting it fast.
Cheap and fast, then you weren\'t getting a warranty.

Sideways
08-28-2009, 11:35 PM
This topic is good...i\'m glad it came up...it really puts everything into perspective...now i really have a clear idea of where peoples heads are at in regards to buying a car...

MINI_Georgian
08-29-2009, 12:35 AM
ltlgil wrote:

how about my request to your invetory so can see what is out there not at some desk ,it would cut down your time and mine ,money saved ,you win i win

That\'s pretty tricky Gil. I don\'t think it has anything to do with trying to withhold info as to who has what but rather that it a Real-Time logistics nightmare. Inventories change by the minute and it would take a head office initiative to orchestrate the computing marvel that would track that. In my opinion, MINI, or any other manufacturer for that matter, probably does not see a value in that. I can\'t see where they would be able to justify the cost of building, implementing and maintaining such an infrastructure. I don\'t think sales would increase the way you think, overall.

Cheers,
Jason.

broadwayline
08-29-2009, 12:56 AM
I have had several experiences most notably with Honda/Nissan of identical parts being substantially cheaper in Orangeville or Guelph (small dealers) than in Mississauga/Toronto/Brampton, dealers with much higher volume and sales.

There is no acceptable reason why I should pay more for everyday parts such as coolant and oil at Waterloo vs. MVW.

When questioned as to why their prices are inflated, I was returned with the attitude of \'well you could drive 1+ hours to the nearest dealer...or just pay more here\'

In the end I still end up paying the extra when in the area, but I find it petty and small-minded on the dealers behalf.

To me it is not the dollar amount that bothers me, it is the attitude surrounding it that bothers me.

Xiek
08-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Personally, I would never give that as an answer to a customer, no matter what the reason really was...

CharlieCroaker
08-29-2009, 12:43 PM
As far as viewing our new car inventory is concerned. We have just invested in a new web site www.minivaughanwest.net that gives you access to our inventory. The inventory is updated as customers take delivery of their new cars so there maybe a week where a car is showing available when it\'s actually been sold. We felt that this was easier for a customer who is looking for a new vehicle to know what we have. Itís still a work in progress and there are still one or two little hiccups but generally it looks pretty good.
Andy Higgs

MINI Waterloo
08-29-2009, 01:03 PM
This topic has definitely been a tough one to address. I have been carefully reading all e-mails and I see both sides. As a customer of course you want to get the best possible deal and are no doubt frustrated when you feel you are not getting just that from your MINI salesperson. However, I feel like some people are trying to make the dealers feel bad for trying to make a profit. It should be no secret to anyone that all businesses have to earn a profit or go out of business. Just like everyone else, I need to earn a living to pay my bills. If I do my job well and provide you with excellent customer service and a great sales experience, have I not earned my commission? I am not here to gauge anyone. I want my customers to leave happy with their new MINI knowing they got a good deal and for me to to do my job and earn a little money. It never ceases to surprise me that people donít believe me when I tell them my best price and they want another $1000 or more off. If I had the room to move the price I would. The only person who wants you to buy a MINI more that you is ME!!!

This is a competitive industry and the effects of the current economy on the automotive industry are well documented. We are all trying to survive and there are no big fat profits to me made by any MINI dealer. I love MINI and am proud to promote such an incredible product. But the premium product we love also comes with a higher price tag than other mass produced vehicles. The great thing is you get what you pay for and MINI
are well worth their asking price.

To Serge:
The day you asked me for a pricing was at a Westenders meet. I was the only salesperson in and had multiple customers to help at the same time. I asked questions to find out what you were looking for and told you that the best price I could offer would be on my test drive Cooper S. I know BRG isn\'t your favorite color, but you did say that you\'d thought of some cool ways to customize it and were looking forward to me e-mailing you a quote. So I did. I never had the time to fully appraise your MINI. I am sorry that you are not happy with the trade-in value I gave you. I know with your cool mods you could probably get more selling it privately, but I can only offer what my wholesellers are willing to pay me for your car. Iím sorry I wasnít able to get you in a Cooper S but I will keep my eye out for great deals that will be able to get you into your desired price range. Still friends!? :)

Nikki

p.s. Please note that if you go to miniwaterloo.com you can see a full listing of our new and pre-owned MINI.

Sideways
08-29-2009, 03:08 PM
One of the biggest hurdles in keeping an online inventory is the frequency at which it turns over. I used to run a website for a Soccer Store AND Dance Store and keeping track of the different inventory as it constantly turned over was a full time job! Keep in mind that I was also working as a retail person and I had templates for which I would make the updating process as simple as possible...Even with an online database, my experience has been that it frustrates customers even more to be excited for a product only to find out that it has been sold. More often than not it results in less sales and more pissed off customers. I don\'t see the issue with coming in to talk to an Advisor!?! They are there to give you information and advice. There is no game being played by the person who has to sit in the showroom...they are trying to find cars...they want to find cars...they are not going to hide cars from people...they are motivated to help you find a MINI.

Jack07734
08-29-2009, 04:07 PM
I am sorry I am late to this one.

As a long term customer of Towne MINI (7 years) and the purchaser of four vehicles I can tell everyone reading that a good relationship with the dealer is super important. I have to say that they do go out of thier way to help us out. Sometimes we may not like the answer but I do understand how business works.

I am suprised to read that most dealers do not have thier inventiries online. That ia s.o.p. here in the US. There are is a dealer in Buffalo that promote on line car shopping in your underware.

This is the link to Towne\'s site:
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/inventory.jsp?dealership_view_name=townebmwmini&ad dress=&dealer_id=13616475&sort_type=make_modelASC& car_id=&result_car_id=

As for hageling for price Towne does not discount the price of a new MINI. You pay the sticker. I have one of the rare cases they did discount a car. I feel the reason was it had been on thier lot for almost a year and they wanted to get rid of it. I do not know how much the relationship we have with the staff helped, but I\'m sure it didn\'t work against us.

:) Happy Motoring,
Jack

joeyg
08-29-2009, 06:02 PM
CharlieCroaker wrote:

As far as viewing our new car inventory is concerned. We have just invested in a new web site www.minivaughanwest.net that gives you access to our inventory. The inventory is updated as customers take delivery of their new cars so there maybe a week where a car is showing available when it\'s actually been sold. We felt that this was easier for a customer who is looking for a new vehicle to know what we have. Itís still a work in progress and there are still one or two little hiccups but generally it looks pretty good.
Andy Higgs

Hi, is your inventory fairly up to date as of today because if it is your dealership still has a good selection of Minis in automatic.

Joe

CharlieCroaker
08-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes it is up to date. Except for cars that have not been delivered yet of which there are about 5 or 6.
Cheers
Andy Higgs

KY3E4KA
08-29-2009, 08:31 PM
MINI Waterloo wrote:

If I had the room to move the price I would. The only person who wants you to buy a MINI more that you is ME!!!
Yes, I know it Nikki, and truly can feel your passion. But I was just thinking MINI sales should be a little bit more artful and tactical in pursuing the goal of increasing MINI population ;) B)

The great thing is you get what you pay for and MINI are well worth their asking price.
Totally agree with this! Who says MINI is overpriced - is wrong... :P ...except... well... maybe we dream to see US prices here some day :(

To Serge:
The day you asked me for a pricing was at a Westenders meet. I was the only salesperson in and had multiple customers to help at the same time. I asked questions to find out what you were looking for and told you that the best price I could offer would be on my test drive Cooper S. I know BRG isn\'t your favorite color, but you did say that you\'d thought of some cool ways to customize it and were looking forward to me e-mailing you a quote. So I did. I never had the time to fully appraise your MINI. I am sorry that you are not happy with the trade-in value I gave you. I know with your cool mods you could probably get more selling it privately, but I can only offer what my wholesellers are willing to pay me for your car. Iím sorry I wasnít able to get you in a Cooper S but I will keep my eye out for great deals that will be able to get you into your desired price range. Still friends!? :)
Of course we are, Nikki!!! As I said - it has nothing to deal with personal AND I won\'t ever keep any bad memories \'cause I\'m always tuned for good ones! B)

p.s. Please note that if you go to miniwaterloo.com you can see a full listing of our new and pre-owned MINI. Bravo, Nikki! You did great job on your web site! (I\'m sure it was your initiative :-)) It has perfect simplicity being informative enough. Ooops... couldn\'t find new cars listings though AND I would definitely add history and some youtube links into \"Related links\" section B) Good luck with this!

Speaking about inventory thing - I don\'t think it\'s going to be nightmare keeping track of 2500-3000 items during a year (according to Jason\'s year sales figures). It 21st century guys! Just find some talented programmers and start using MAC\'s :P

Cheers!
Serge

Sideways
08-30-2009, 02:01 PM
KY3E4KA wrote:

Speaking about inventory thing - I don\'t think it\'s going to be nightmare keeping track of 2500-3000 items during a year (according to Jason\'s year sales figures). It 21st century guys! Just find some talented programmers and start using MAC\'s :P

Cheers!
Serge

Dude, just think about what this statement means...think about what you just said...I know you mean it as a tongue-in-cheek manner, but it goes against everything you are suggesting in the history of this thread! Having full time or even part time people working on an inventory is going to make the car more expensive as there is going to have to be a dealer charge on top of the car in order to pay for their salaries...

and the never ending game continues...