PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Blades

lilcoopr
09-29-2007, 12:00 AM
I remember there was a thread about wiper blades a while back but that didn\'t transfer over to the new site.

Stella\'s blades are in need of a serious replacement as they just muck up the windscreen more when I use them!!

Do you guys suggest going with OEM replacements (I wonder how much they are at cost?), or those flex types they have at Canadian Tire, or I know Michelin has some too...

kyriian
09-29-2007, 01:38 AM
christina, ive tried piaa super silicones, and they work wonders, especially if you are not an avid detailer, for me, the special windshield treatment just mucks up my zaino more, and the frame itself sucks, rusted after just a year of use.. inserts are ridiculously expensive too, that said, they do wipe really really well for the first year or so, then it just starts streaking

im on bosch icons now, and they are like the reflex, but much beefier than them, works wonders now... you can see them on saturday if you want... they are pricey too... the pair i think cost me 50 bucks, which i think its actually cheaper than the PIAA ones

-Herman

fyi, the michelin ones are very good too, if you have access to them they maybe a good alternative to the bosch, just i\'d be a bit weary about the reflex, as they are still pretty expensive...

minicoopercab
09-29-2007, 04:48 AM
Hello,

Do not buy the ones from Cdn Tire..they flew off my windshield on the way to school and are crappy..I have a friend from Nappa and he told me to go with the Bosch Wipers..so hopefully I will have them in a couple of days!!!

Alan

sudzmcs
09-29-2007, 05:56 AM
Ah yes wipers for the MINI. Fun stuff for sure, I think I tried every type, from all manufacturer\'s. The reflex wipers did not work well at all, streaked and chattered constantly, regular wipers worked alright but dried out after a couple months of usage. The teflon coated metal framed blades are now on the car and work great!!

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Josh

greenrocket
09-29-2007, 07:22 AM
after using almost everything out there... OEM is still the way to go

Prevoe
09-29-2007, 07:43 AM
i do have the reflex ones (canadian tire), and i havn\'t had a problem with them yet.....actually, i think all the cars that have bought new wipers in my house have reflex and they all work great.

BANZAI
09-29-2007, 11:34 AM
I\'m on Reflex wipers too. The only time that I notice anything like a problem is at speed when they lift a little. Other than that they\'ve been great.

Looking at this thread it\'s pretty much personal choice.

Xiek
09-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Well I did use the stock Wipers for a while, and bought the refill rubbers for them the first time, (environmental reasons)

Now I use the Rain-X blades. I find based on feedback about the reflex ones, that they have more meat on them, and don\'t flap.. even when driving super spirited they stick to the window.

The main reason I use the rain-x is those are what we sell here.

But as Paul said, it boils down to personal choice and how much do you want to/can afford to spend on wipers.

Sideways
09-29-2007, 08:22 PM
It also depends on how long the wipers have been on the car...
Really and truly, wipers should be changed every six months...
But who actually changes the wipers that often, i usually go yearly, and my REFLEX wipers are just about there.
Brand new in the winter they work great.
That being said i would like to try the RAIN-X wipers.
Just Because!
A

zoidjoker
03-26-2008, 07:55 PM
I need to get new wiper blades and wanted to try either PIAA Super Silicone Blades or Bosch icon.

I know few people have the Bosch ICON on their miniís but when I go to Bosch site it indicates there is no ICON model for mini. Witch Bosh ICON fit on the mini?

Is there a shop in Toronto that sells either the PIAA or Bosch?

paulo500
03-26-2008, 08:57 PM
I picked up my Michelin blades at Costco last season. They look similar to the other low-profile blades out there.
They work pretty well too.

supercuper
03-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Where can you get the Rain-X wipers from?

Alex:lol:

minihab
03-26-2008, 10:11 PM
You can get the Rain X from Wal-Mart, at least that\'s where I found them a few months ago. They had the Rain X with the metal arm and the Rain X style similar to the Reflex. I bought the latter. They work well but the passenger side does not contour at the end and therfore leaves an uncleaned area. I maybe should have gotten both 18\'s. Overall they are quite good.

Vani

minihab
03-26-2008, 10:11 PM
You can get the Rain X from Wal-Mart, at least that\'s where I found them a few months ago. They had the Rain X with the metal arm and the Rain X style similar to the Reflex. I bought the latter. They work well but the passenger side does not contour at the end and therfore leaves an uncleaned area. I maybe should have gotten both 18\'s. Overall they are quite good.

Vani

Sideways
03-27-2008, 02:37 AM
I just had to replace the rear wiper and it set me back 25 bucks...
Thats the cost of a really good Reflex or RainX blade...
For such a small wiper it sure was hard to get a hold of...:P

kyriian
03-27-2008, 03:10 AM
minihab wrote:

Vani

yea, the bosch icons i got does the same thing...

-Herman

zoidjoker
03-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Herman where did you get your bosch icons from?

Whats sizes did you get and how much of a unclean area does it leave?

paulo500
03-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Sideways wrote:

I just had to replace the rear wiper and it set me back 25 bucks...
Thats the cost of a really good Reflex or RainX blade...
For such a small wiper it sure was hard to get a hold of...:PI too desperately need to replace my rear wiper blade. Is it easy to slide out the old and install the new? $25 seems steep for a hunk of rubber!

kyriian
03-27-2008, 08:44 PM
zoidjoker wrote:

Herman where did you get your bosch icons from?

Whats sizes did you get and how much of a unclean area does it leave?

i cant remember off the top of my head but i know is at the intersection of keele and steeles, ill try to find the name

there\'s about 1/2 inch area around the outside edge near the bottom.. its kinda hard to explain, ill see if i can take a picture next time the car\'s dirty

-Herman