PDA

View Full Version : Which wheels to keep..... HELP ?!?!??!

Tominizer
11-11-2009, 11:59 PM
At a cross-roads with my summer wheels. I recently picked up a set of 18\" gloss black JCW wheels......... but I\'m on the fence about them. So looking for opinions from the members........

Factory silver 17\" stockers that came with the car:

http://www.somc.on.ca/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/2390/pg_1597065641.jpg

Or gloss black 18\" JCW wheels:

http://www.somc.on.ca/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/2390/pg_1857812953.jpg

Only one set can be kept. The other set has to be sold off to get winters .............. not sure which to keep :S Constructive criticism and opinions wanted. BTW, car will get lowered. It\'s only been a month since picking it up.

Tominizer
11-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Another lower angle:

http://www.somc.on.ca/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/2390/pg_1608941521.jpg

Oh........... and the \"OTHER\" lady in my life.

http://www.somc.on.ca/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/2390/pg_1990521754.jpg

MCSRallye
11-12-2009, 03:34 AM
The 17\'s in silver seem to give the car a much more balanced look... the black ones just look out of place...

BANZAI
11-12-2009, 11:28 AM
The 18s will limit the amount that you will be able to drop her. Personally, I prefer the dark rims though ... matches the dark colour of the car.

Paul

nemisis
11-12-2009, 11:59 AM
black 18\'s

taysan
11-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Sell both sets.

Buy a nicer set of silver 17/18\" rims for the car (is that British Racing Green? - same as my Clubman :)) for summer tires and get a set of 16\" OEM alloys for winter.

If you\'re planning on lowering the car, the harsher ride of a very low profile 18\" rim is I presume not a real priority for you, so go for 18\" silver rims.

I\'d run 16\" alloys with 195/55R16 in the winter.

I think the silver rims look better than gloss black. Matte black might look good though, as it would better match the matter black plastic fenders. Black rims would look better if the roof/pillars were black. I agree that they look a bit out of place.

This is my BRG Clubman with the MINI 17\" rims in silver.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a275/CB550F/MINI/MiniCooperClubman2008011Large.jpg

TheStig?
11-12-2009, 03:24 PM
for sure keep the 18\'s JCWs

LittleSunshine
11-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Silver looks better - odd # of spokes looks better

Liam Walker
11-12-2009, 04:31 PM
i look more aggressive with the black rims... that was the first thing i did with my clubman, i picked up a nice set of black JCW

lilcoopr
11-12-2009, 07:22 PM
I like the silver better because of your silver roof.. If you put a wrap of some sort on your roof (ex: carbon fiber or black jack) then it would balance the silver wheels better. There\'s always room to upgrade the silver OEM wheels for something flashier later too.

Soni
11-12-2009, 08:56 PM
silver look more balance!!

Sideways
11-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Keep the Silver...Sell the Black...Put Winter RUBBER on the Silver...Buy a Bitchen set of summers to compliment your plans for lowering...thats what I would do.

But then again, I dont have a clubby...

ve3hzz
11-12-2009, 11:53 PM
I would have to agree with others. The black I like, but on your Clubman with the current paint scheme they don\'t go. Maybe SATIN black would look OK? but not so much the GLOSS.

So my suggestion would follow what Adam said and keep the silver for winter rims and get a nice set of rims for summer to compliment the vehicle if your planning on lowering it.

But in the end it\'s YOU who has to be happy with the way it looks and I\'m sure like the rest of us $$$ IS an object:laugh:

Either way it looks good to start with so your already ahead of the game ;)

Regards

Scott

MINI_Georgian
11-13-2009, 12:09 AM
It looks better clean and in person. The pics don\'t do it justice. I saw it yesterday when you were in and it looked like a different car from the pics.

Do you get a great 2nd hand deal on the wheels? Given the choice I would have got the black & polished version of the same rims for your car due to the silver roof.

Cheers,
Jason.

Tominizer
11-13-2009, 02:35 PM
I\'ve always wanted to do black wheels..... especially on the M3. I think on my Clubman the black gloss looks ok as Jason mentioned. I will try and take a better picture. Reality is I think in a satin or Matt finish they would look a lot more tied into the car\'s finish.

I like the idea of the wrap to get rid of the silver. I will have to think about that.

These JCW\'s have Pirelli P Zero runflats with about 300 km. As I\'m really sitting on the fence about the
I may consider dumping them if the right offer is given. I\'m just not 100% sold on the look. It didn\'t turn out like I though it would. A buddy of mine has a body shop and he said he could refinish them. But that starts putting the $$$$ for the cosmetic look pretty high for this overall wheel package.

Jason, sorry I was thinking of swinging by to say hi but buying parts there is a bit of a counter hopping and then I was running late. I stumbled on this set by accident. I was suppost to bring home winters but it didn\'t happen. Needless to say the better half wasn\'t impressed. However I do know a guy buying mini wrecks throughout north america that guts and parts them out. I haven\'t talked to him in detail about what he may have currently kicking around........