PDA

View Full Version : rotten Xmas present

GordonD
12-21-2007, 12:23 PM
My MINI has been leaking a little coolant for a week or two and I had my local garage guy pressure test the system but we could not see where it was coming from so I decided to wait and see.

:( well yesterday it redlined the temp guage so I had to do an emergency visit to Budds (I work in Oakville) and they found a leaky gasket on the thermostat - $650 to diagnose and fix :woohoo: :( :angry: :blush: :S and other emotions.

paulo500
12-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Out of warranty? :(

BHATCH
12-21-2007, 03:50 PM
650 bucks for a Thermostat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fei
12-21-2007, 04:50 PM
How many hours needed to replace the thermostat? Or how many hours did the tech trace the problem down to the termostat? Then he can probably just replace it within 10 minutes.

Sideways
12-21-2007, 07:23 PM
dude...you got ripped off

Xiek
12-21-2007, 09:51 PM
GordonD wrote:

My MINI has been leaking a little coolant for a week or two and I had my local garage guy pressure test the system but we could not see where it was coming from so I decided to wait and see.

:( well yesterday it redlined the temp guage so I had to do an emergency visit to Budds (I work in Oakville) and they found a leaky gasket on the thermostat - $650 to diagnose and fix :woohoo: :( :angry: :blush: :S and other emotions.

I would be interested in the breakdown, and what it took to find the issue... I smell fish...

yqtyyz
12-22-2007, 01:32 AM
Same thing happened to me in late september. as soon as the car stops moving, the temp sensor goes whacko.

I took it to BMW Downtown, and the guy estimated that it would have been around $1000 had my car not been under warranty. They also had to fix the abs/dsc sensor too, so that may explain the extra $300.00