PDA

View Full Version : MINI SPACEBOX CONCEPT ART

Sideways
07-09-2010, 03:10 PM
http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/assets_c/2010/07/mini-spaceconcept-1600-thumb-717x477.jpg

AS FOUND ON MOTORING ALLIANCE

What\'s next for Mini? Could it be getting even bigger? Well, maybe not bigger, but roomier. That\'s the idea behind the rumored space concept that could arrive in the next few years.

Now that the Mini Countryman has paved the way for larger, more utilitarian versions of the standard coupe, the company is considering something along the lines of a mini-minivan. Don\'t worry: there will be no sliding doors or swiveling seats.

Instead, the space concept would most likely ride on the same chassis as the Countryman, but punch out all the interior dimensions to their limits. The result would be a vanlike silhouette and extra space for passengers and cargo.

An executive at Mini recently revealed that the Countryman chassis has the flexibility to add a few inches of wheelbase, so the space concept could benefit from a slightly larger footprint. A third row isn\'t likely, but extra cargo room and adjustable rear seats could be one way to make the space concept a little more useful than the Countryman.

Don\'t expect to see the bigger, boxier Mini any time soon. The company is currently working on the rollout of the Countryman, which begins U.S. sales early next year. That will be followed by the two-seat Mini Coupe in mid-2011 and the Roadster in early 2012. With that kind of cadence, the Mini space concept probably won\'t arrive until the spring of 2013 at the earliest. That should be plenty of time to let the Mini purists get used to the idea of the Mini minivan.

From Inside Line: News, Road Tests, Auto Shows, Car Photos and Videos

TheStig?
07-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh,please no.
NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:(

Xiek
07-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Good \"idea\" but not with those looks...

I think I just threw up a little in the back of my mouth.

MadDog927ca
07-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I\'m betting CVT transmission, hybrid, proximity sensors fore and aft, LCD screens on the back of each of the front seats\' headrests, high-profile tires and a nice & squishy suspension.

Oh yah! Us \'purists\' will get used to this in no time:blink:.

If there are any Mini dealerships out there willing to stand up and boycott the Countryman or any other proposed FrankenMinis, why don\'t we all resolve to give them our membership\'s business exclusively?

BANZAI
07-10-2010, 12:21 AM
I thought that this was a MINI and mini club .... I\'ve no idea what that is, but it aint no Mini/mini. What on earth made the designers ever think that anyone would want more and more space? At what stage does the Mini become just another SUV?

Marie thinks that all it needs is a pink paint job and it could be called the Mini Pig ... maybe it should have a nice dinky culy tail aerial too?

HDS
07-10-2010, 02:31 AM
that.......

wow.

just wow.

Ew.

fxk
07-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Looks to me like the new MINI strategy is to develop the best handling car in every class. I\'m trying not to be too judgmental. I\'m sure they\'ll find people willing to buy this, and that\'s not necessarily the same crowd as represented in this forum. They\'re doing what\'s expected of any business: expand their product portfolio.

What\'s next? A MINI sedan?