View Full Version : Rear Licence Plate LEDs

VictorTheDonWong
07-10-2010, 04:02 AM
I am looking to buy a set for my R53.

Anyone know the type of bulbs they are?

Thanks.

WONGPRSN
07-10-2010, 06:44 AM
Should say in the manual, but i think they are 5 watt, (w5w) bulb. I think i read that in my manual. They are on ebay, i got some from china, for my lights that stay on just above the fog lights on my R56.

The only problem is they set off my sensor and report on my tachometer screen a light is blown. Dealer told me it may be a different resistance but they work. Not sure if any of the generations notify us about the license plate lights.

Brands like NOKYA if they make LED\'s didn\'t set off any of my fogs when I switched them to yellow.

MiniBMW
07-11-2010, 06:13 PM
http://coopersport.com/53/LPL/

Information
Update the look of your vehicles posterior with a high-powered LED replacement kit. Get rid of the dull glow of OEM bulbs whether you have filament OR OEM LEDs and replace it with an ultra-bright white light.

Featuring a chipset with 18 waffer LEDs in a custom housing this product not only has OEM fitment but is also plug and play! Best of all they are completely ERROR FREE regardless of your year and model!

The kit comes with two replacement units with a color temperature of 6000k (ultra-bright white).

Compatibility
Due to its unique design allowing for two types of connectors the unit is compatible for both LED and filament replacements. Here is a list of compatible vehicles:

3 Series: E90, E91, E92, E93, E46 CSL
1 Series: E82, E88
5 Series: E60, E61, E39
X Series: E70, E71

Order with confidence!
If you are not completely satisfied with your license plate LED upgrade kit, we will exchange it for you free of charge.

Installation
Removal of your existing housings is done with a screwdriver. Then it is simply of matter of unplugging your old light unit, plug in the new unit, and popping it back in place. Entire installation can be done in a few minutes!

Our knowledgeable staff can also assist with any questions you may have so give us a call.