PDA

View Full Version : WTB: R50 2002 Mini Cooper passenger side headlight

glorie2557
03-26-2011, 01:13 AM
Hi all, looking for a stock passenger side headlight assembly for my R50 2002 Cooper, mine has decided to wink periodically (more than periodically....little flirt!) and cannot find the problem. Thx, glorie

ve3hzz
03-26-2011, 11:20 AM
glorie2557 wrote:

Hi all, looking for a stock passenger side headlight assembly for my R50 2002 Cooper, mine has decided to wink periodically (more than periodically....little flirt!) and cannot find the problem. Thx, glorie

If it\'s flashing it\'s likely the Ballast. Same thing that sometimes happens to florescent tubes when they flicker in the cold on start up the ballast has or can have moisture in it.

In your case that is likely the problem so it is likely the part that is needed, but I\'m not sure they sell it separately. To verify that it is the assembly (Ballast or ignitor) you could swap bulbs and see if the other does the same. ODD occasion where it was a bulb problem, but being Xenon (I am assuming) gas filled it doesn\'t have a filament like a normal bulb that can be partially disconnected.

You may want to check ebay as well as sometimes there are assemblies on there. Also North American Mini and Motoring Alliance in classified section.

Good luck.

Scott

glorie2557
03-26-2011, 03:59 PM
thanks Scott. I have swapped the bulb and it works fine on the drivers side. I hear this is a common problem in the 02s along with the power steering fan (replaced last month)....oh well, can\'t have the good without the bad! off to eBay I go. cheers, glorie