PDA

View Full Version : LF: 17" Summer Tires Used

macman
02-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey guys,

I\'m looking for a set of 17\" Summer Tires to put on my \'04 MCS this spring. I wore out the BFG KDW2\'s last summer and now need another set to put on this spring. Since the MINI will be for sale I\'m looking at keeping costs to a minimum so I will consider any used (decent tread) 205/215 tires, runflat or not, to purchase.

Perhaps someone that pulled their OEM runflats off and put on better tires. I don\'t need rims as I\'ll be putting these on my current 17\" White Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels. Unless of course you see some value in the wheels and want to work some sort of trade.

Let me know whatcha got.

Thanks,
Jason.

p.s. If you\'re interested in my modified \'04 Chili Red MCS (no part outs this time), or know someone that is, please let me know.

Woobn8r
02-27-2008, 10:14 PM
I will shortly have some 17\" Michelin Pilots available....and reasonable.

Good tread left. They are on my s-lites right now...but I have new tires coming...

What\'s your time frame?

Sludge
02-27-2008, 11:41 PM
I have white factory 17s with Pirelli Eupori@ 205/45/17 tires with what appears to be tons of tread. I\'d be interested in a trade if you have pics of them on the Mini from various angles to show how aggresive the offsets are and the basic appearance.

macman
02-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Sludge wrote:

I have white factory 17s with Pirelli Eupori@ 205/45/17 tires with what appears to be tons of tread. I\'d be interested in a trade if you have pics of them on the Mini from various angles to show how aggresive the offsets are and the basic appearance.

PM me you email address and I\'ll forward some pics.

macman
02-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Time frame would be spring. Whenever that\'ll happen :( Probably thinking April-ish.

J.

Woobn8r
02-28-2008, 12:43 PM
I\'m on a similar schedule...but I want to be ready for spring...

So these 215/40R17 Michelins will be available.

Just PM me if you want\'em.

macman
02-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Still looking for some options.

Cheers,
Jason.

macman
03-04-2008, 12:14 PM
bump :)

john_mclean
03-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Got a deal on 17\" runflats with less then a years use on them.
Have a look at my posting for dunlop runflats.

macman
03-04-2008, 05:42 PM
john_mclean wrote:

Got a deal on 17\" runflats with less then a years use on them.
Have a look at my posting for dunlop runflats.

Looks interesting if not for the puncture for one. Runflats should never be repaired unfortunately. Also, the pic doesn\'t do the tread much justice. They look kinda worn for only 20K.

Cheers,
Jason.

markertoo
03-05-2008, 03:59 PM
macman wrote:Looks interesting if not for the puncture for one. Runflats should never be repaired unfortunately. Also, the pic doesn\'t do the tread much justice. They look kinda worn for only 20K.

Cheers,
Jason.[/quote]

Jason, I am not sure I would totally agree.

The reason that the entire tire industry says that you should not repair a run flat tire, is that it is not easy to tell if the tire has been run with low air for an extended period. This would overheat the tire potentially, and compromise it.

macman
03-05-2008, 05:47 PM
markertoo wrote:

macman wrote:Looks interesting if not for the puncture for one. Runflats should never be repaired unfortunately. Also, the pic doesn\'t do the tread much justice. They look kinda worn for only 20K.

Cheers,
Jason.

Jason, I am not sure I would totally agree.

The reason that the entire tire industry says that you should not repair a run flat tire, is that it is not easy to tell if the tire has been run with low air for an extended period. This would overheat the tire potentially, and compromise it.

Absolutely true. So I don\'t see how exactly that statement does not agree with mine? How long has there been a puncture in this tire and been driven under-inflated? Are his low pressure sensors working correctly? Who knows? Then there is also the fact that run-flats depend on a strengthened sidewall and a tight bead to support the weight of the vehicle in the event of a loss of pressure. Guess what part of a tire gets stretched in order to separate and re-install a tire? Sorry, but not a compromise I\'m willing to make to save a few bucks.

Cheers,
Jason.