PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Bonnet Aero Grille

theprezzz77
03-08-2008, 04:21 AM
Im looking for an aero grille for the bonnet, but i keep on finding it being sold with the upper bumper grille!!!

Does anyone have one or know someone who is selling one??

Thanks,

Dino

Sideways
03-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Whats the difference?

theprezzz77
03-09-2008, 04:15 PM
the bonnet one sits in the bonnet, and the upper bumper one is the one directly underneath it...

Sideways
03-10-2008, 12:11 AM
if thats the case i dont think you will be able to find just the one piece. Let me check Coopersport to see if they might be able to track something down.
A

lilcoopr
03-10-2008, 12:28 AM
I can check on Tuesday to see if it\'s possible to order just the one piece from the dealer... Have you tried that yet?

kania
03-10-2008, 12:29 AM
im in need of the top part of the grill too if anyone can find it

theprezzz77
03-10-2008, 04:20 AM
I havent really done much in depth research besides checking online and asking the people that i know...i DID however sent a message to Jeremy at Coopersport and he is going to find out for me hopefully early this week if he was able to do something for me, as i am getting other things from him anyways.

Thanks for all the help u guys are giving me,

Dino

sudzmcs
03-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey Dino,

outmotoring.com sells the upper and lower grill indi of each other. So I would think that the boys at coopersport would be able to do the same.

Let me know how it goes. That is a sweet looking mod!

Best Regards,
Josh

MINI_Georgian
03-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Not really a mysterious part. Check out Number 7 on this diagram from RealOEM. Any dealer in the world can order this for you...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=RE33&mospid=48021&btnr=51_5788& hg=51&fg=95

Cheers,
Jason.

theprezzz77
03-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Josh- I tried outmotoring, they actually sell both the bonnet and the upper bumper in one, they will not separate it.

Jason- What you dont see in that diagram is the #7 (bonnet grille) and #6 (upper rad grille)\'s arrows coming down from the diagram ATTACH at the bottom (not pictured)as they are priced as a set..i tried!!!

Looks as if i may be stuck with both pieces, unless someone needs that upper rad grille, although its a pain in the butt apparently to install in a MCS bumper..

Dino

MINI_Georgian
03-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Dino,

These are all separate pieces. The aftermarket companies like outmotoring and Coopersport package and sell them together as a kit because that is generally how people want to install them. I know as I used to own and run an aftermarket MINI business. An aftermarket vendor could theoretically sell you a single piece but it is more difficult for them because they may already be packaged and inventoried as a single SKU in their system. However, if you were to purchase from a MINI dealer you would have to order each piece separately.

Simply call a MINI dealer and order Part Number 51-13-0-140-259. Trust me, I know ;)

Check your PM.

Cheers,
Jason.