View Full Version : Any interest in a mMC - mini MINI cruise? - more cruises, more fun - July 6th muskoka

06-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Newbie here.

Just thought of a great new concept - mini MINI cruises

say 3 car minimum, 5-7 cars max - do more cruises, more often, easier to organize -

Any interest in a mini MINI cruise to Muskoka next Saturday, July 6th.

Would do road 13 as a warm up, to other roads that are EVEN better - road 13 is awesome, but would rate it 3/5 compared to other roads rated at 5/5.

Meet at 12:30 at Enroute travel centre on 400 northbound, just north of Toronto. Meet any Barrie folk/ etc., at Tim Hortens at Webers Hamburgers
just north of Orillia at 1:45pm.

Expect to be back about 10:00pm.

Note: not suited for passengers prone to motion sickness or lowered cars, all roads are paved, optional gravel excursions .....

Depending on time, stops at:

Granvenhurst boardwalk - walk back into time with the Sequin steamship that plowed Lake Muskoka in yesteryear, grace and speed, the muskoka boat museum
with old muskoka boats supposedly worth up to $1million!!

Robinson's General Store in Dorset - experience old time muskoka in dorset, including robinsons general store, a family run business since the 1800's!!
they have photos of patrons feeding bear cubs on the front porch!

Parry Sound Harbour - the gateway to the north, see float planes take off, tugboats, motor yachts taking off to the 30,000 islands, and the bobby orr hockey

Red Leaves - Muskoka's premier vintage 5? star hotel with an amazing view of overlooking lake muskoka - with an outdoor pool in the winter!!
think Vermont style vintage summer resort, as in the original dirty dancing movie with Patrick Swayze.

Port Stanfield - grab an ice cream in an original muskoka boat house turned general store, complete with a pair of muskoka boats floating in the water
inside the store!!

Please let me know if there is any interest:

Who's coming?

1. rallyguy

on standby:

06-28-2013, 03:32 PM
I am interested.

Tata Steva
06-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Just Replied your PM...

Sounds interesting, and I would join if the weather is nice. Soooo, one thing that bugs me is your suggestion of "5-7 cars max" (???)... Never saw that before! What happens when the 8th MINI shows up? You send him/her home??

It is great that you want to call the meet and drive (I wish there are more MINIACs like that), so just post details of your run (exactly how you planned it) with time table and let people respond (!). Hopefully, more than 7 will show up. And it will be fun...

07-04-2013, 11:27 PM
I'm visiting Toronto from Denver, CO, with my Countryman. Are there any more details for this cruise? I'd like to join you, if you don't mind someone from the States tagging along. I'd just need more details like where we are meeting, etc. I don't know the roads and landmarks around here that well yet. Thanks!

07-05-2013, 04:12 PM
many people are on holidays, so will probably be only 3-4 cars, cruise was also organized last minute so many people have plans

you are welcome to come, you'll see the best Ontario has to offer!!

meeting at the enroute travel center, bus parking immediately right after entering parking lot

travel centre is on highway 400 northbound, about 4 miles north of the highway 401.

my cell# is 416-618-3415

rallyguy ( fred )

Tata Steva
07-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Please confirm the meeting time as well!

07-05-2013, 05:27 PM
meeting time is 12:30

07-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Thanks for organizing Fred!