PDA

View Full Version : damn SES Light !!!!#$% FIXED

BANZAI
04-15-2008, 10:56 AM
OK, Now I\'ve had enough of this Spring time disco. My SES and Traction Control lights are comming on and going off like there is no tomorrow.

I\'m pretty much convinced that it is related to -4C on the way into work and +8C or more on the way home and I\'m still clinging on to winter tires. As the traction control is related to wheel slippage, I think that it is messing with the computer. I must be slipping at pretty much every junction on the way home.

I\'ll know more when I finally go to my summer tires this comming weekend.

Any thoughts or similar problems anywhere else?

Paul

Kev
04-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Mine was on constant for about two weeks, finally had it read and cleared. Was P0300 - random/multiple misfire. When it first came on the DSC light came on with it, but after a restart just the SES was on. Not sure why the DSC came on, had nothing to do with traction control.

kania
04-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Software reset. (Same as disconnecting battery) try it maybe that will work for u

MINI_Georgian
04-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Sounds like a possible wheel speed sensor (ABS Sensor) may be acting up.

Good luck.
Jason.

BANZAI
04-15-2008, 10:17 PM
MINI_VaughanWest wrote:

Sounds like a possible wheel speed sensor (ABS Sensor) may be acting up.

Good luck.
Jason.

I\'m thinking the same, but I\'ll wait until my summer tires are on as I seem to be spinning the wheels at pretty much every junction at the moment. I\'m definately changing these rims this comming weekend.

Thanks anyway Jason

BANZAI
04-23-2008, 01:46 PM
UPDATE

After a LOT of searching and diagnostic checks it seems that there are only two things that this \'could\' be .
1. Camshaft Position Sensor
2. Computer.

I\'m going for the first and resetting the computer to default values as kania suggested.

Symptoms are
1. SES light on with a fault code of P0340.
2. DSC light intermittently going on after driving for about 10km.
3. Harder to start than \'normal\'.

I\'ll keep you all posted.

Paul

BANZAI
04-25-2008, 10:28 PM
SORTED ... Camshaft Position Sensor. $180 odd and a real PIG to gain access to.

It\'s behind the right hand engine mount ... yep, front strut off, mount off, catch can off 1 hour .... CPS off and on in about 2 mins. Rebuild, another hour.

NO LIGHTS after the battery disconnected to reboot the computer and SES light reset. I did a 20 min test drive and all is well to date.

LOTS of information about these symptoms on NAM ... it\'s a common fault at the moment.

Paul

BANZAI
04-28-2008, 11:41 AM
FOLLOW UP

Did a long (300km) and sometimes spirited run this weekend and all lights remained off despite driving on tarmac, sand and dirt road.

Xiek
04-28-2008, 05:16 PM
P0340 = Camshaft position sensor \"a\" circuit (bank 1 or single sensor)