PDA

View Full Version : WTB spare tire 4 a 2004 mini

Kegfridge Commander
05-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Driving to my brothers in Prince Rupert BC this summer, and would feel better with a spare. Any 1 know where I can get 1 cheaper than the dealer with the mounting hardware?. Toronto BMW quoted me $740.00 WTF

BHATCH
05-21-2008, 07:53 PM
What i would do is get a wheel that fits the rear of the car and use that as a spare. Jetta,Civic,Integra all had 4 x 100 and the OEM wheels will take 14mm lugs most of the time if you need it.

The rear discs will probably even take a 14\" if you lucky to find a good one.

if you get a front flat just swap the rear good tire to the front, and put the spare on the rear. YOu should never have a spare on the front wheel of a FWD car anyway.

there are lots of scrap yards that sell just one bumped up wheel. And one used tire. You are using it only in emergencies for like what? 100km.

I have not gone and sauced mine as of yet, but i will soon.

Xiek
05-21-2008, 08:22 PM
you can get a steelie for about $70 + tire... at least half that cost.. they are selling you a run flat, and OEM rim more then likely are they not?

what size do you have on ur car?

Kegfridge Commander
05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
and OEM rim more then likely are they not? I\'m pretty sure they quoted me a donut along with the hardware to mount it.

what size do you have on ur car? 15\"

I tried the wrecker on HWY 9 but neither mini they had was equipped with a spare.:(