PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Brakes!!!

hotpot
05-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Hi, i am actually a new member here and would like to get help for my 2004 MCS.
i recently changed the front and rear brake pads for my mini but the rear one seems not working properly. the rear caliper seems like still holding up the rotor and it cause my car lost of power and making noise...i am so frustrated now, can anyone help? do i need to adjust anything after i have changed the brake pads? pls pls...

ks

BANZAI
05-26-2008, 03:24 PM
I think that the hand brake operates the rear brakes? If this has been adjusted through the life of your old brakes it will need to be reset.

Take a read through this
http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38346&highlight=replace+rear+brak es

Paul

sudzmcs
05-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Hi I have had the same problem since I had my rear brakes done in decemeber. Constant low piched squeeling when driving, but it stops when you gently apply the brakes.

I asked about this problem on NAM and got this repsonse from one of the members.

I was experiencing the same thing, turns out when I put my pads on the rear I didn\'t put the spring clips on the back of the inner brake pad on the caliper piston correctly. After installing them correctly with the spring clips in the groove on the piston I haven\'t had them sqeal since.

I am having my mechanic take a look at mine and hopefully that solves the problem. I hope it solves yours also.

Best Regards,
Josh Piela

Kev
05-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Just replaced my rear brakes as well and am experiencing squeaking. I didn\'t install them correctly either, didn\'t clip the spring onto the piston. Seems simple to fix, just need to find time.

hotpot
05-28-2008, 07:33 PM
thank you guys, i will try to re-install it again and see if its help... :)