PDA

View Full Version : tranny oil ? when would you change it

kania
05-29-2008, 04:56 PM
title speaks for it self !

TheItalianJob
05-30-2008, 01:33 AM
I changed mine at 80,oookm. If you plan to keep it for a while I\'d do it at 100K.

def2thaworld
05-30-2008, 09:29 AM
it is one of those things that is probably best to get done @ the dealership. The engineers of the Mini, in their infinite wisdom, decided that to fill the oil in the transmission, you have to shoot it back up through the drain plug at the bottom of the transmission pan. for which you need a special tool of course. I don\'t know if they corrected this on the newer mini\'s, but up to 2006, i\'m pretty sure they are all like that.

agokart
05-30-2008, 12:50 PM
only cooper automatics need to be filled that way....^^^^

all 5 and 6 speeds fill thru 2 holes on the side of the trans. it\'s a very easy thing to do, but a Bentley manual would a good thing to have if you do not work on these cars a lot. i normally recommend a better fluid at any time for people that are hard on there cars, or around the 60,000 mile mark. it is also very important to do the service flushed on cooper automatics as they tend to burn the fluid after a long time, they then get low, and blow out the trans...3,000 dollars later, you have a used trans to put in.

kania
05-30-2008, 03:07 PM
thanks for the input.... i do beat on my car...... soo i think ill change mine at 80 0000km, is there a special oil or somthing better i can get?