Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr. Barry is no friend of mine...

Re: Mr. Barry is no friend of mine...

Quote Originally Posted by brightside View Post
    The computer itself might not do it better but a state of the art SLR would likely do a better job than an older SLR.
    And yet $6,000+ full frame SLR's don't buy themselves. A better sensor still can't make up for any of the other aspects I mentioned, your screwed up picture just has more pixels in it.

Example of tilt-shift (left - regular lens, right - tilt shift lens angled to compensate):

Note how the Burj Dubai looks like it is bending backwards in the left imate and the other buildings are leaning towards the vanishing point, but the right image everything appears correctly.

Fixing stuff like this in post is much more time intensive (read $$$ intensive) than taking the correct photo in the first place. Anyway, if you still don't get it after my examples, you probably never will...
    Last edited by MCSRallye; 02-03-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brightside View Post
    Don't newer camera's do all that better then older SLRs? I refer to technology as a whole when i made my post not just a computer. The computer itself might not do it better but a state of the art SLR would likely do a better job than an older SLR.
    It's the photographer that makes the picture, a camera is a tool. And while I agree that new technology can handle variables much better than old, it still takes a human input to make that technology do anything at all, let alone something creative. Sure 1000 photos might result in a good shot, but how hit and miss is that? How about repeatability? Some of the best photos in the world were taken with the most primitive of equipment. (See Steichen, Adams, Karsh, Cartier-Bresson for starters) Technology is the slave, the artist is the master. One thing I will agree on is that photography has become more accessible, but that hardly means that it has become better.

And to Steve, yes I agree you are being badly treated. It is disappointing to me since I subscribe to Mr Barry's magazine. Thank you for your post, sorry to have taken the story sideways.

And to Evan, thank you for eloquently defending pro shooters. Many people just don't get it.

Just sitting here, looking at pictures,
    Adrian

I wont fight it any longer....

I'm a Mechanical Design Engineer thats never used a drafting table

Mr. Barry is talking to me again. Expecting payment.
    CHARLOTTE: 2006 MCS JCW CE 40/64

Quote Originally Posted by Tata Steva View Post
    Mr. Barry is talking to me again. Expecting payment.
    Didn`t you get booted from LXM too... does payment come with a renewed LXM membership

Thought of you guys when I read this.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/03/...-different-way