Thread: Recommended body shop and mechanics in Toronto for Cooper S

Recommended body shop and mechanics in Toronto for Cooper S

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for some recommendations for both a body shop and trusted mechanic for my poor 2004 r53 mini. Most of the stuff I need done is body work as follows:

- need a new hood scoop (someone stole mine)
    - getting tons of rust in the back behind my tail lights and around my license plate (even though I took meticulous care of the car, this was from previous owners and it spread)
    - need a new left rear wheel trim
    - bumper has a hole in it from someone backing into me
    - various dings

For the engine:
    - engine light is currently on, assuming it's emissions related, a small leak perhaps.
    - engine seems "tired". It's definitely not as zippy as it used to be. I think a tune-up is in order.

Poor car has had a lot of bad luck and I want to get her all fixed up and running like it used to.

My current mechanic is all the way out in Acton so I'm looking for any suggestions in preferably in Toronto that don't cost an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?

Re: Recommended body shop and mechanics in Toronto for Cooper S

We don't do body work, but do mechanical repairs, have you contacted the dealer to see if your body is still covered under warranty, I have heard of some 2004 having the 12 year coverage on it.

I am located in Barrie ON.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiek View Post
    Have you contacted the dealer to see if your body is still covered under warranty, I have heard of some 2004 having the 12 year coverage on it.
    This is a really good point, the 12 year rust warranty is not based on the build date, but on the in service date (when it was registered with the MTO). If your car sold later in the year, you'd still be covered.
    2017 MINI Clubman JCW in JCW Rebel Green, blacked out chrome, KW V1 coilovers, and more to come...

True, but be prepared to provide the COMPLETE maintenance history of your Mini. I have a quite small area of rust around the left taillight and when I contacted two dealers, both said I had to provide the maintenance history. Trouble is, my 2006 Cooper S is an American car (started life at Momentum Mini in Texas). I've already contacted them, and Mini Canada too. Still waiting for a reply...

Quote Originally Posted by MCSRallye View Post
    This is a really good point, the 12 year rust warranty is not based on the build date, but on the in service date (when it was registered with the MTO). If your car sold later in the year, you'd still be covered.

I used Johns unique for the body work (also left light area).... they did a good job. they do mechanical work as well. and had an 06 mcs for sale that they did some work to.

this was this past june.