The return of the coveted MINI Mod Day is a possibility and on the horizon - but in a much smaller scale. Pencil in June 3rd, however the date and time may change as things develop. With luck, I can pull it together. Anyone who knows me, knows I can put together a decent event.
Unfortunately it won't be as "full featured" as the first Mod day, but it's a chance for what I think could be 6 cars being worked on at the same time.
I'm working out having a 1300 sqft hanger available for us to use, unfortunately it is being built at the moment and it may be towards the end of May before we can get the space.
Like the first Mod Day, I'd like to have helpers on hand to help the folks who wanted to work on their cars. The helpers will have a reduced entry fee
So zip over to the facebook page and send us your thoughts and interest and I'll work to make this happen:
Assuming we have a good level of interest, we'll have a great day. If things go well and people want this to happen more, I can replicate it with what we learn from this run.
Saturday June 3rd 9am-6pm
684 Mud St E, Stoney Creek, ON L8J 3C9
Things to note:
- $30 per person (I have to cover some costs involved, but the numbers are not set yet, it may go up/down)
- Pizza and water will be avaiable
- 6 car max being worked on at one time. A schedule of projects will be developed depending on interest
- 15kph entry speed and specific path to the hanger will be strictly enforced - it is an operational airport
- Parking outside the hanger for guests
- Water, Bathrooms and wash up may be limited (I'm working on that)
- Power will be limited to a few 15A circuits, but at least 1 compressor will be on hand (though cordless tools are so powerful now who needs it?)
- My portable lift will be there, but project cars should bring their own jacks and jack stands